Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 16: Rest day, sort of

We had a rest day in Royan, sort of... we thought it was bound to have a cybercafe, which it did, but it was closed, so while Lucy went and sat on the beach for a couple of hours I cycled 8 miles back in the direction of La Palmyre as I knew it had a cybercafe, and I was eager to get some of the last week blogged.

When I came out of the cybercafe low and behold the 3 muskamigos passed me, looking burnt, tired and like they were about to die. They got lost again, still hadn't invested in a map, and I told them it should only take them about 40 minutes to get to Royan... realistically, I reckon the pace they were going it would probably have taken about an hour and a half.

Not much else to say, other than by the end of it we were both well rested, although I had cycled about 20 miles on a rest day, without making any progess!

Lucy question of the day "Does a beached whale bask or does it only bask when it is in the sea?"

No comments:

Post a Comment